Real Sad

Now first I should say that I am OK - I will not crumble, I will not stumble. I was believing I was receiving mixed signals. More upsetting, I was getting no signals. Then I got what I thought was the stop signal.
I feel sad.
I don't feel hurt or depressed, self-pitying or dispossessed.
No, this is an honest emotion, a valid, even (yes!) humble notion - mayhap, the first authentic sentiment since this rebirth I underwent. Yes, that I can taste this heartache - the feeling that I can partake - boosts my belief when this feeling's done that I'll find relief in another one.

Now first I should say
That I am OK -
I will not crumble,
I will not stumble.

I was believing
I was receiving
Mixed signals.
More upsetting,
I was getting
No signals.
Then I got
What I thought
Was the stop signal.

I feel sad.

I don't feel hurt or depressed,
Self-pitying or dispossessed.

No,
This is an honest emotion,
A valid, even (yes!) humble notion -
Mayhap,
The first authentic sentiment
Since this rebirth I underwent.
Yes,
That I can taste this heartache -
The feeling that I can partake -
Boosts my belief
When this feeling's done
That I'll find relief
In another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment